Are you considering replacing your water-guzzling natural grass lawn with an artificial one? There are many benefits of artificial grass. As with any home and garden product, there are several artificial turf suppliers to choose from when buying artificial grass. In fact there is always better artificial grass on the market, just like there is always better price. What you need is not the best quality but the right artificial grass to fit the application. Your budget isn’t the only thing to consider when you decide to purchase artificial grass. Installing fake grass is nothing short of an investment, and if you want your turf to last long, making the right choice is necessary. Make sure you get the best quality grass and more turf for your money by reading this buyer’s guide to artificial grass.
Artificial Grass Checklist
Before purchasing artificial grass:
Tell the supplier your application of the grass. It is the first step. A artificial grass factory has different products for different applications. They are different in specifications, cost and performance.
- Order free samples.
- Ask what guarantee is provided.
- Consider asking if a supply-only service is available.
- When making a price comparison, use the square-metre cost.
- Find out the delivery charges.
A high quality artificial grass should have:
One of the key factors to evaluate any artificial grass provider by is the variety of grasses they offer. There are specific types of artificial grass available for lawns, playgrounds, backyard putting greens, pet areas, sports turf, and landscaping features.
- Good realism in comparison to natural grass.
- Soft and non-abrasive texture.
- A holed latex backing for drainage.
- A high grass blade density.
Before requesting an installation service:
Just as not all artificial grasses are created equally in terms of quality and durability, not all providers are equally capable of installing artificial grass.
- Ask to see a portfolio of recent lawn installations.
- Consider visiting an open garden or showroom (if available).
- Ask what infill is available; good suppliers offer sand, rubber or superior non-infill surfaces.
- Ask if there are any additional costs for groundwork, levelling and preparation.
- Ask for a price break-down (cost of artificial grass and cost of installation service).
- Consider reading a full diy installation and self care guide to see what work in involved.
Artificial grass can be a life-saver for those wanting a beautiful lawn with minimum maintenance. With the information provided here, you now know what you need to consider before buying artificial grass. So don’t wait any longer; take the right decision and get the lawn of your dreams! Just like any other product that you buy, you need to choose one that answers your specific needs. Let the contractor know what you want so you can get good suggestions and advice.
Is It Time to Consider the Benefits of Artificial Grass?
Give us a call for a free quote 844-260-4144.